Trim the wick to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning or flaring.
Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and excessive dripping.
Burn for 2-3 hours each time you light the candle. This will help the candle burn evenly, and remember to trim wicks before each burn.
Never touch or move a burning candle. Never move a container candle when the wax is liquified.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when there is 1/4" inch of wax left in the container.
Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. This is to make sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.
Always keep the candle within your sight. If you are going to leave the room, be sure to first blow out all candles.
Never use a candle as a night light.
Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure. Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.
Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.
AS SEEN ON
Don't get homesick
Subscribe to our email list to know when we make more cool stuff